Thursday 10 March 2011

Varkala, India

And then there was Varkala, a village on a cliff overlooking the sea. 

I'll let the pictures do the rest.  Oh, and I'll throw in a couple of my favorite quotes while I'm at it.

"Why do you never find anything written about that idiosyncratic thought you avert to, about your fascination with something no one else understands? Because it is up to you."
~Anne Dillard
 
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
~Marianne Williamson

"The search for security is an illusion.  There's no evolution in it...  Uncertainty, on the other hand, is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom.  Everyday look for the excitement of what may occur in the field of possibilities.  When you experience uncertainty, you are on the right path..."
~Deepak Chopra

"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is at though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."
~Albert Einstein

"I like living.  I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."
~Agatha Christie

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
~Carl Sagan

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
~Henry David Thoreau

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful."
~Sigmund Freud

"Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R. Tolkien

"Often you have to rely on intuition."
~Bill Gates

 "The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology.  Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity.  Buddhism answers this description.  If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism."
~Albert Einstein

“I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it.”
~Ernest Hemmingway

No comments:

Post a Comment