Saturday 11 June 2011

Barcelona, Spain

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
-Saint Augustine

I am sad to say that I took no pictures during the one night I spent in Barcelona.

Here is one picture of Barcelona from http://www.barcelonatraveller.info


Wish I had more time in Barcelona, as the architecture was stunning and the city seemed more arty than Madrid.

I met Franz # 79 on the train from Montpellier to Barcelona, and we spent the evening in Barcelona eating tapas and drinking sangria at a charming hole-in-the-wall.

While I prefer neighboring France, one thing I love about Spain is the tapas.  (Tapas are Spanish snacks or appetizers.  It is traditional to order and combine several tapas to make a full meal that everyone shares.)

 A picture of tapas.  Again from http://www.barcelonatraveller.info

There is little I love more than going out to dinner with close friends and family, ordering several different dishes, and eating off of each others' plates.  It is intimate and, IMO, more fun and filling than when everyone orders and sticks to their separate entrees (as so often happens in America).

I love the tapas concept so much, in fact, that if you are my close friend or boyfriend you better get used to sharing a lot of saliva and backwash with me around the dinner table.

After an abbreviated stay in Barcelona, I left the next morning to Madrid.  On June 10th, I took a short flight from Madrid to Marrakech, Morocco...

No comments:

Post a Comment